On October 16, 2012, Albert Azizian took his first confident steps. In over 10 years.
Kickstart™ is a new type of wearable device designed to help users regain walking ability, stability and confidence to rediscover a more independent and mobile life. It is a simple and lightweight device that provides a boost of energy return to help swing your leg forward for each step, reinforcing correct walking motions so your legs advance smoothly and naturally.
The Kickstart Walking System can:
- Allow users to regain the ability and endurance to walk, stand and return to daily living activities with less reliance on wheelchairs, walkers and canes
- Improve mobility in daily life for those with neurological injuries or conditions such as Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, or Muscular Dystrophy
- Promote proper performance and increased endurance during rehabilitation and physical therapy
Other Quick Facts:
- Uses no external power, meaning no electronics, motors or noise – provides walking assistance without the cost of robotic devices
- Weighs less than 5 lbs
- Requires minimal instruction and training – it’s designed so that an experienced user can don/doff the device in less than 5 mins